Monday, February 27, 2012

So, I love the Philippines. It is an AMAZING place. It's
like a mixture of Los Angeles and Mexico, except EVERYONE is nice and
kind. I am so glad to be able to be here. I have not tried Balut yet,
but I plan to. The food is amazing! And next week I'll put pictures up
so you can see the shenanigans going on over here. My companion who is
Philippino is great. He helps me a lot with Tagalog, but I seem to
know more Tagalog than I think I do once I start talking. I'm so happy
to be here. I smile a lot and although it's hot, roads can be hard to
get across with my ankle (including the bamboo bridge of 33 stick of
bamboo), I miss home occasionally, and sometimes feel left out of some
conversations because I don't understand; I can't believe how happy I
am. The members and those we have been teaching have been wonderful
and I love talking to them. (Everyone loves talking to me because I'm
American and I don't think I've ever had more stares in my life which
is weird to get used to). But I'm healthy, happy, and excited. I love
you all and miss you, please write me. Please? Thanks! :) Come back
next week to read more about whats going on on my end! And to see
pictures next week! Kitakits!
For regular mail - write to Nate on dearelder.com. He is serving in the Baguio Philippines mission.
If you want to send him a card or package the address is:
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Elder Nathanael Paul Schultz Filichia
Philippines Baguio Mission
PO Box 7
Brgy. San Vicente East
Urdaneta City, 2428
PHILIPPINES

No comments:

Post a Comment