Sunday, July 1, 2012

Transfer and new area for Nate

Alright, so now I'm in a completely new area and it's great! I can't mention where on here, but if you wanna know you can ask my parents. It's more of a city like area which is nice for me as all of you should know, I'm more of a city kid. My new companion is great. He's American as well, which is good as 4th of July is coming up this week. The people in the ward I'm in right now are super nice as well, we get dinner appointments here about every single night. Last night at one members house, I had crab, cake, burgers, spaghetti, rice, drank some coke,  chicken, and more chicken! Yon! My Tagalog has gotten way good according to the people here. Some say I'm fluent, I don't think I'm quite there yet, but I've noticed I've gotten a lot better. I understand what people are saying almost 100% of the time now and my speaking has gotten better. That also means I'm having more trouble with English. The other day I met an American guy and he started speaking with me in English and I first replied in Tagalog and sometimes had trouble explaining things. That was a bit weird for me. But anyways, this week has been good. It's been busy, but it's also been fun and interesting. And luckily for me, this new area only has one other dialect! I'll miss my old area and the people there (some cried when I left), but I like this new area a lot already. One thing I've noticed recently is how much more I appreciate what I have. I did before, but it's stronger now. I've gone to homes of people where there house is the size of a walk in closet, and they're still happy. It's incredible. I love the people here. I can already tell this will result in my ability to deal with complaining (which was already pretty low), even lower. Be greatful for you got! You're happier when you are! Don't focus on what you don't have, if you do, you'll never be satisfied! Anyways I love you guys and keep the letters coming! Fly you fools!

No comments:

Post a Comment